This 15-month project contract was designed to make sure that the port runs at peak efficiency and safety. The project was located in the Port of Lamu and the work as per the document began on the 23rd of June 2021 with a completion date of the 23rd of September 2022. With comprehensive installation, commissioning, and supply services, this contract provided the client Kenya port authority with the best solution for getting the port up and running.
The project involved:
- the construction of 200 reefer points, together with auxiliary facilities for generators and chilled cargo, at Lamu Port with Harbor City
- 3- 500 kVA diesel engine generators, a control panel, and accessories such as a battery charger, a transfer switchboard automation system, spare parts and lubricants, and a tool kit. Supply, installation, testing, and commissioning.
- Building an appropriate generator plinth and shed with pad-lockable doors, cable ducts, and manholes for the 3- 500kVA generators
- Synchronizing Panel for Generators
Provide and install a 2500 Amp Generator Synchronizing Panel and Low Voltage Changeover for two generators.
- 6 No. Reefer Steel Structural Catwalk Container Facility: Supply And Installation.
Provide and build 6 no-catwalk reefer container facilities for 216 20-foot reefer containers, as well as handle material supply, transportation, storage, cutting, setting, painting, and other relevant civil works.
- Provide and Install 12-Gang Reefer Outlet Assemblies on Pedestals
Supply, setup, and commissioning of a 12 Gang, 415 Volts Reefer Distribution Board Assembly in a Type 4X 14GA 304 Stainless Steel Enclosure Powder-Coated after Fabrication, Texture Gray (RAL 7038) with 12 No Power Modules, all necessary cabling (4 core, 10mm square armored cabled in steel conduits), 1 No Main Breaker, 2 No Branch Breakers, 1 No Ammeter with CTS, 1 No Ammeter Switch, 1 No Voltmeter 12 No Elapsed Time Meter, 2 No Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel Leg Assemblies, 3 No Power Indicating Pilot Lights